Centre for Monitoring of Environmental resources and Natural disasters, as a business units under the National Remote Sensing Department, functioning implement of monitoring tasks of natural resources, environment and disaster by sensing technology, serving of state management, disaster prevention, economic – social development.
Main tasks and functions
1. Monitoring and periodic/extraordinary reporting reporting the phenomenon, the current situation, fluctuations in natural resources, environment and natural disasters using remote sensing technology and geographic information system.
2. Organization of investigative activities, field surveys to supplement and verify information that is monitored by remote sensing.
3. Construction, management, operation and exploitation of the natural resources, environment and natural disasters monitoring database by remote sensing technology
4. Implementation activities of technical services, consulting, training and technology transfer in the investigation and monitoring of water resources, marine and island, environment, land, surveying and mapping, mining geology, natural disasters and climate change prevention; thematic mapping, construction land and land use plan database.
5. Participating in formulation of legal documents, mechanisms, policies, standards, technical regulations, and economic-technical norms in the field of remote sensing.
6. Participating in quality testing of work, remote sensing products, cartography, cadastre, administrative boundaries.
7. Participating in surveying and engineering design - estimates for the project, that using remote sensing technology
8. Participating in implementation of scientific research, pilot production projects for application, development of remote sensing technology and geographical information systems to serve the investigation, monitoring environment and resources and disaster prevention.
9. Participating in international cooperation projects and interdisciplinary cooperation in field of remote sensing.
Director and no more than 03 Deputy Directors.
1. Division of Administration.
2. Division of Planning and Techniques.
3. Division of Natural Resourses and Environment Monitoring.
4. Division of Data Analysis and Thematic Mapping
DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL REMOTE SENSING (RSC).
Responsible Person: Mr. Nguyen Quoc Khanh - Director of the National Remote Sensing
Quote RSC Portal as source when reproducing news from this portal.
Address: 83, Nguyen Chi Thanh Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi
Phone: (024) 7106 1066 - Fax: (024) 3835 0728
Email for news: firstname.lastname@example.org